Sunday 18 September 2016

Why do I have good days?





This week I have had days where I wake up feeling really good and there have been days where I’m ready to throw myself under a bus and this got my thinking, why is it some days I wake up feeling better than others.

I had one morning in particular where I woke up and the fogginess and confusion didn’t seem to be hanging around and it’s days like this that I want to bottle this feeling and it makes me want to get all the things done that I can’t do when I’m having a bad day.  Anyway back to why I have good days and I realise that I have subconsciously made some changes to my life and I like to think that this has played a part
  •  Drinking lots of water, sometimes up to 2.5 litres a day, lucky for me I love water so this has been an easy one for me to stick to but I have found when I don’t drink enough water I feel sluggish.
  • Cut out a lot of junk food/processed food but still indulging maybe once or twice a week.  I found myself whinging about my weight gain whilst shoving a biscuit in my mouth!!! Medication plays a huge part in the weight gain but eating crap is just not helping my cause
  • Routine…now this is a big one for me and it’s one that has taken me a while to get down pat.  Waking up at the same time every morning and going to bed at the same time every night has allowed me to take my medication at the same time each day and it has also helped with getting the correct amount of sleep at night
  • Embrace the good and letting go of shit.  There are just somethings that you just need to not waste energy or emotions on.  For pretty much the whole time my husband and I have been together he has always said “don’t stress about things that are out of your control” sadly it took me to get sick to finally realise this – don’t confuse this though with frustration because this condition can leave you feeling frustration beyond belief but these days I just let a lot of things slide because there are much more things I can be using that energy for.
  • Having a bath every night – now, this one is just something everyone should indulge in if they can, it not only helps my muscles and joints it also allows me to just lets me block out all the white noise in my life and just be in the moment.  My perfect world would be to sit in a bath 24 hours a day at optimum temperature of about 24 -25 degrees, absolute bliss :)
  • Laughter  -  Everyday you can pretty much guarantee that I'm laughing and its usually because of something I have done or said, one must learn to laugh at themselves.

Now I can’t say that all these things are the magic answers nor does it stop me from having really bad days, but it has helped bring some order and structure to my chaotic life.  

Now tomorrow could be a complete disaster and everything may go to pot but, I’m in a better place now than I was 6 months ago when I had no structure and quite frankly feeling like fish out of water 


No comments:

Post a Comment