Friday 3 June 2016

One step in front of the other

Nobody likes to wake up in the morning but the reality is that we have to get up and start the day if we are ever going to move forward in life. 

I use to wake up in the morning and dread the fact that once I took my first step for the day I knew the pain would hit me like a tone of bricks and would leave me feeling deflated and just downright cranky.  Fast forward 18 months to now and I still have the pain when I get out of bed but I have learnt two things from it.  Number 1 – it is pain and it won’t kill me and Number 2 – by getting out of bed each day I’m challenging myself to be better.

I consider myself to be stronger mentally than I was 18 months ago and for that I am grateful for my diagnosis as without it I would not have come to this light bulb moment J

No comments:

Post a Comment